Spring Cleaning Tips
Spring cleaning doesn’t have to be dreadful. It can be a rewarding experience that helps provide some structure and organization in you life. Below are 10 cleaning tips to get you started.
1. De-clutter. If you haven’t used or worn an item in the past 6 months, it may be time to label your items with either trash, sell/give away, store and put away and get to work.
2. Store your warm clothing. Plastic bins can fit under your bed if you need more storage. Don’t forget to wash your clothes and make sure they are completely dry to avoid moisture can damage your clothes through attracting insects and mildew.
3. Before you start, make sure you have supplies. Having all the cleaning supplies you need will help the process to go smoothly.
4. Clean your windows and window ledges. There is just something about letting that sun shine in. Dust, moisture, and right climate can produce mildew.
5. Dust your light bulbs. This is easy to do and will instantly make your bulbs brighter.
6. Wash your blinds and/or curtains. Not only does dust gather on window treatments and look dirty, you may create a dust allergy.
7. Deep clean your rugs and carpet. If you do not own a carpet cleaner, you can always rent one from your local home improvement store or certain grocery stores.
8. Clean out your refrigerator and freezer. Get rid of those moldy vegetables at the bottom of the drawer you’ve been avoiding. Take everything out of both compartments, and get the toothbrush ready.
9. Replace the batteries in your smoke detectors. This is something few think about, but it can save your life.
10. Daily spray tub. To avoid mildew and soap scum build up, you can spray a mixture of vinegar and water after every use.